Recommended Memory Card for Nikon COOLPIX S6400
Get to know the recommended memory cards for Nikon COOLPIX S6400. Learn its storage capacity, class rating, compatible cards and tips on how choosing cards based on your photography needs (normal, video or sports). The Nikon COOLPIX S6400 support following types: SD,SDHC,SDXC
The Nikon Coolpox S6400 is an ideal travel companion , fits on your pocket and never get in the way. It's small but powerful with its 12x zoom from Nikon lens. Features: 16-megapixel ,12x optical zoom,a 3? touchscreen, 19.8mm thick , lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR), Easy Panorama, Auto HDR technology, Full HD video capture, a dedicated movie-record button.
The Nikon S6400 support SD,SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
Photos Capacity (number of shots)
|Memory Card Size|
|Image Quality||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB||16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
How many photos can your card hold? The higher the number of megapixels/camera's resolution the larger the image file, and hence the smaller the number of files you can store.
Video Capacity (duration)
|Memory Card Size|
|Video Mode||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB||16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
|Full HD: 1920x1080p / 30fps||*||*||*||*||*||*|
|HD: 1280x720p / 30fps||*||*||*||*||*||*|
How long can your card record video? That depends on video resolution (SD,HD or Full HD) and video bitrate.
1h 20m = video duration of 1 hour and 20 minutes
(*) video bitrate data for Nikon COOLPIX S6400 not available yet. help me, please tip me if you know the bitrate.
General Choosing Tips
- Choose memory card based on your capacity need (see table above)
- If you're shooting videos alot, choose memory card with higher class rating. Class 2 is suitable for SD format, while Class 4 and Class 6 can record HD video. Class 10 is the ultimate
- If you're shooting hi-res RAW photos, you'll need a quick card to take more than two or three shots at a time. Choose fast cards to smooth the process. Recommended minimum Class 6
- Pick known brand. They're slighly more expensive, but also more reliable. Lexar and SanDisk are recommended.
- Get a second memory card as backup. You'll never know what gonna happen on the field
- and makes sure the card is compatible with your camera :)
The Nikon COOLPIX S6400 supports the following memory card type. Click to browse available cards: