Recommended Memory Card for Nikon D7100
Get to know the recommended memory cards for Nikon D7100. Learn its storage capacity, class rating, compatible cards and tips on how choosing cards based on your photography needs (normal, video or sports). The Nikon D7100 support following types: SD,SDHC,SDXC
The Nikon D7100 looks a lot like the popular D7000 but has been completely overhauled internally. Interestingly, in a first for Nikon, the D7100 does not have an optical low-pass filter, promising optimal resolution from its 24MP CMOS sensor. The D7100 also gains a 51-point autofocus system, 1.3x crop mode for both stills and video capture, and multiple other upgrades, making it one of the most competitive cameras in its class, on specification alone.
Photos Capacity (number of shots)
|Memory Card Size|
|Image Quality||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB||16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
How many photos can your card hold? The higher the number of megapixels/camera's resolution the larger the image file, and hence the smaller the number of files you can store.
Video Capacity (duration)
|Memory Card Size|
|Video Mode||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB||16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
|1920x1080,30p||13m||26m||53m||1h 46m||3h 33m||7h 6m|
|1280x720,30p||24m||48m||1h 36m||3h 13m||6h 27m||12h 55m|
How long can your card record video? That depends on video resolution (SD,HD or Full HD) and video bitrate.
1h 20m = video duration of 1 hour and 20 minutes
General Choosing Tips
- Choose memory card based on your capacity need (see table above)
- If you're shooting videos alot, choose memory card with higher class rating. Class 2 is suitable for SD format, while Class 4 and Class 6 can record HD video. Class 10 is the ultimate
- If you're shooting hi-res RAW photos, you'll need a quick card to take more than two or three shots at a time. Choose fast cards to smooth the process. Recommended minimum Class 6
- Pick known brand. They're slighly more expensive, but also more reliable. Lexar and SanDisk are recommended.
- Get a second memory card as backup. You'll never know what gonna happen on the field
- and makes sure the card is compatible with your camera :)
The Nikon D7100 supports the following memory card type. Click to browse available cards: